The Delta Delta chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha was installed in 1957 at Baldwin Wallace University as ZTA's 101st chapter. It had been 18 years since a national sorority had established a chapter on Baldwin Wallace's campus. Our national president at the time, Mrs. Elliot Chapman, was present for the installation ceremonies as well as members of Beta XI (The Akron University chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha). On October 12, 1957, Delta Delta’s first bid class of 29 women was initiated.
To celebrate this charter, many events were held over the weekend. Some of the highlights included a banquet at the Lake Shore Hotel, and the tea in the “new” women’s dormitory on Beech Street. The tea was the first social event and included alumnae of the Cleveland area.
The first officers of Delta Delta chapter were Miss Mary Ellen Underwood (President), Lynette Knautz (Recording Secretary), Ann Summers (Corresponding Secretary), Barbara McCamett (Treasurer), and Janice Markham (Rush Chairman). In addition to active members who became charter members, installation initiates were accepted as well.
In 2018, Delta Delta celebrated its 61st year on Baldwin Wallace's campus.